Thursday 13 January 2011

On Arrival

So I made it, pretty much event-free, other than taking off, flying, and landing, all of which are crucial for air travel. And for those of you ever travelling from the Bromley area to Gatwick, I recommend taking the 119 to East Croydon and then the train to Gatwick - I was checked in 90 minutes after leaving the house. Leaving before 7am might help also.

Being here is great, and not even particularly cold. I'm glad I was out for a bit before Christmas, that's helped a lot with feeling like I vaguely know the space and people etc. This week and next will mostly be spent delivering shoeboxes to children at local schools, this week with an American team, and next week with a team from the UK. It's been nice to make some new friends today and only three people so far have tried to mimic my accent. None have done a very good job.

That's pretty much it for now. I'll try and do something interesting soon and put up some photos, also of something interesting. Me probably, with a small child and a shoe box. Watch this space.

1 comment:

  1. Well done. That's all I have to say really, but I find it's always nice when you get comments on a blog post. Incidentally, you're missing some rather good cricket.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts