Tuesday 11 January 2011

Are you a soldier?

Yesterday I went into the bank to tell them that I was going away for a bit and after I'd told the nice lady where I was going and for how long she looked at me and said "Are you a soldier?"

The first and last time (probably) that anyone's looked at me and thought "that girl must be soldier".

I said no, but on reflection if I'd been more on the ball I'd have said "Yes, I am a Christian soldier" and then sung a verse or two of Onward Christian Soldiers. But I didn't.

But anyway, the point is that I'm leaving tomorrow. I'll be travelling with two other women who are working with BMS, Eileen and Leah, who I'll meet at Gatwick bright and early in the morning. I'll be living with Eileen and helping out at the school for children with special needs that Eileen has set up. "Helping out" is a loose term, mostly I just watch Eileen and Carol (another BMS volunteer working at the school) in amazement as they negotiate some serious special needs with a lot of love, compassion and patience.

For those of you who are of a praying disposition, here's where you can start: for safe travel and quick learning of Albanian. I'll keep you posted. And a lot of thanks in advance. See you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts